Romans in Britain Resource Pack (Download)
A fully-resourced unit of 10 history lessons for KS2, covering the Roman Britain topic.
WHAT YOU GET
> 10 detailed lesson plans
> 10 Powerpoint files
> Teachers' notes including curriculum coverage
> Pupil activity sheets for all lessons
The ten sessions in this unit aim to give an overview of the history of Roman Britain, including the main events of the period and the way in which Britain changed as a result. A focus is given to the impact of the Roman occupation, to its legacy on modern Britain and to gaining an appreciation of the evidence that forms our understanding of this period of world history.
The aims of the unit for pupils are:
- To gain an overview of the impact of the Roman Empire on Britain, including its lasting legacy
- To consider how different historical sources help us to know about Roman Britain
- To research what it might have been like to live in Britain during the period of Roman occupation.
This pack contains everything you need to teach this unit, including differentiated activity ideas so that it can be adapted to the needs of your class. The Powerpoint text is also editable.
The planning pack covers the following lessons:
- Where did the Roman Empire come from?
- How did the Roman army help to expand the Roman Empire?
- What was Britain like before the Romans invaded?
- How did Britain become part of the Roman Empire?
- Who was Boudica and how did she rebel against the Romans?
- What did the Romans build after they settled in Britain?
- What were houses like in Roman Britain?
- What can archaeological sites tell us about Roman Britain?
- How did bathhouses provide leisure for Romans in Britain?
- What lasting impact did the Romans leave in Britain?
This zipped folder of resources contains:
1 x PDF files containing lesson plans, teacher guides and pupil resource sheets
10 x Powerpoint files (one for each lesson)
Buyers will receive links to download their digital products in the Thank You page after the checkout process, along with a download link sent to the email address used in the transaction.
This resource is a zip file containing 1 PDF file and 10 x PPT files.
1 x ZIP FILE including:
-1 PDF file including all lesson plans and pupil resource sheets.
- 10 separate Powerpoint files (one for each lesson)