Ancient Greece Lessons Pack
A fully-resourced unit of 10 history lessons for Key Stage 2 (ages 7-11), covering the Ancient Greece topic. This KS2History lessons pack includes 10 detailed lesson plans, each with accompanying printable resource sheets and Powerpoint slides.
WHAT YOU GET
> 10 detailed lesson plans
> 10 Powerpoint files
> Pupil activity sheets for all lessons
> Teachers' notes, including curriculum coverage
The ten sessions in this unit aim to give an overview of life in Ancient Greece, including a focus on its achievements and influence on the western world. As with all of the KS2History unit plans, there is an emphasis on allowing pupils to consider the sources of evidence that form our understanding of this period of world history.
The aims of the unit for pupils are:
- To gain an overview of significant people, places and events from Ancient Greece
- To contrast daily life in Ancient Greece with modern-day lifestyles
- To consider the broader historical context of the period, particularly with regards to the expansion of the Ancient Greek empire and lasting legacy
- To become familiar with historical sources, key debates and accurate vocabulary relating to Ancient Greece
This pack contains everything you need to teach this unit, including differentiated activity ideas so that it can be adapted to the needs of your year group. The Powerpoint text is also editable.
The planning pack covers the following lessons:
- Who were the Ancient Greeks?
- Why were Athens and Sparta so different?
- What was Alexander the Great’s impact on the Greek empire?
- Why did a small Greek army win the Battle of Marathon?
- What were the Ancient Greek gods known for?
- What happened at the Ancient Greek Olympic Games?
- What were the Ancient Greek philosophers famous for?
- Did the events of the Trojan Horse story really happen?
- What was daily life like for children in Ancient Greece?
- How significant is the legacy of Ancient Greece for life today?
This zipped folder of resources contains:
1 x PDF files containing lesson plans, teacher guides and pupil resource sheets
10 x Powerpoint files (one for each lesson)
Please note - the downloadable files will be sent to the email address used in the transaction.